Cookies & Cream Banana Ice Cream with Turkey Tail Mushroom (Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo)
One of my favourite go to ice cream treats! So easy to prepare and packed with our immune system and gut health supportive Turkey Tail Mushroom. Did you know that Turkey Tail extract contains prebiotic compounds that help balance healthy gut bacteria, support digestion and fortify the immune system? What else could you ask for in a sweet treat?!
We love cooking with Turkey Tail Mushroom and hope you will too!
- 5-6 frozen bananas
- 6-8 “Oreo” cookies or dairy-free equivalent
- 1-2 tbsp your favourite plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or bean powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Turkey Tail Mushroom Extract
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor or blender. Add the milk and blend until smooth. This may take up to 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and turkey tail mushroom. Blend until well combined and taste is to your liking.
- Next add in the Oreo cookies and pulse until cookies have broken down and you reach your desired consistency. Some people prefer a chunkier consistency while others like the cookies completely smooth. Choice is yours!
- Serve immediately and top off with Oreo cookie crumbs (optional). Make sure to store any leftovers in a Tupperware and place it in the freezer.
- Enjoy your delicious cookies and cream banana ice cream with Turkey Tail Mushroom!
You may also like these recipes: