Gluten Free Blueberry Clafoutis with Astragalus Root (Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Paleo, Dairy Free)
This super quick and easy French dessert is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next dinner party. Packed with our immune boosting Astragalus, it's the perfect way to get your daily dose of adaptogens in the form of a delicious dessert. We love cooking with Astragalus root, it's so easy, plus it tastes good. We hope you will enjoy it too!
- Non stick coconut oil spray
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 tsp Astragalus root extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (plus some to coat the pan)
- 2/3 cup gluten free all- purpose flour (make sure to follow the instructions on the label and add Xanthan Gum if needed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C
- In a blender or food processor add the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla extract, Astragalus, honey, and blend until well combined. Next add in the gluten free flour, cinnamon, lemon zest and pinch of salt. Gently pulse until ingredients are fully combined.
- Lightly spray a skillet or baking dish with coconut oil . Next coat the bottom with a sprinkle of coconut sugar then layer with the blueberries. Pour the batter evenly over the blueberries and pan.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the center is cooked through and edges begin to slightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with a dollop coconut whipped cream or a sprinkle of powder sugar (if desired).
- Enjoy your delicious Gluten free Blueberry Clafoutis with Astragalus!
You may also like these recipes: