Blueberry Donuts with Turkey Tail Mushroom (Vegetarian, Paleo, Gluten Free)
These scrumptious blueberry donuts are a fun treat to serve to guests or your family. Not only are they delicious, but did you know that our Turkey Tail Mushroom is packed with antioxidants and prebiotic compounds that help balance healthy gut bacteria, support digestion and fortify the immune system. I promise you won’t just want one.
We love cooking with Turkey Tail Mushroom and hope you will too!
For the donuts:
- 1 cup all purpose flour (any flour will work for this recipe)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Turkey Tail Mushroom extract
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of your favourite plant based milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Pinch of salt
For the cream glaze:
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp cream cheese (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1-2 tsp of your favourite plant based milk (add more milk if you want a thinner consistency)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 177 C. Lightly spray the donut pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, coconut sugar, milk, greek yogurt, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until all ingredients are combined.
- Using a sifter add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, Turkey Tail, cardamom, and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- Add in the blueberries and stir gently until just combined.
- Pipe or spoon in the mixture evenly into the donut pan one by one. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the donut and it pulls out clean. Let cool for a couple of minutes and remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to further cool.
- While the donuts are cooling begin making the glaze by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and whisking until you meet your desired consistency. Feel free to add more milk if you want the glaze on the lighter side.
- Begin coating the donuts one by one into the bowl with the glaze by placing the donut right side up into the bowl. Place donut back onto the cooling rack and repeat until all 6 donuts are glazed.
- Enjoy your delicious Blueberry Donuts with Turkey Tail Mushroom!
You may also like these recipes: