Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta with Peas and Maitake Mushroom
- 1.5 cups green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp Maitake Mushroom extract powder
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or for 10 minutes in boiling water)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups raw cauliflower grated or chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 package of your favourite gluten-free pasta
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you prefer to soak your cashews overnight, then you can skip this step. In a small sauce pan bring water to a boil and add cashews. Boil for10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions ( I like to add broth to my pasta instead of water for added flavour). When pasta is almost al dente, add in your peas and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Drain and place back in your pan.
- Next heat up your olive in a large pan on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic, cauliflower, red pepper flakes, and veggie stock and cook for 5 more minutes covered reducing heat slightly. Cook until cauliflower is softened. Remove from heat and immediately transfer to a blender, making sure not to drain. Add in your maitake mushroom, cashews, and nutritional yeast. Purée, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce onto your pasta and peas. Toss lightly until pasta is completely coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious cauliflower Alfredo pasta with peas and maitake mushroom!
You may also like these recipes:
← Older Post
Newer Post →