Creamy Broccoli Soup with Turkey Tail Mushroom (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free)
- 8 cups broccoli
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small ones chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 1 tsp Turkey Tail mushroom extract powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion carrots zucchini and garlic. Season with salt and peeped and cook for 3- minutes. Add the broth, Turkey Tail Mushroom, cashews and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. If you feel you need more liquid add 1 cup of water. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Turn off heat and transfer everything to a blender. Add the nutritional yeast and lemon juice and purée until you’ve reached your desired consistency. I like mine on the thicker side but feel free to add another cup of broth if you prefer yours a bit thinner.
- Transfer soup back to the pot and heat on low for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with red pepper flakes or crushed salty crackers if desired. Enjoy your delicious Creamy Broccoli Soup with Turkey Tail Mushroom!