Lemon Lentil Soup with Charred Kale and Chaga Mushroom (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onions chopped
- 1/2 cup kale
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 4-5 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils (rinsed)
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Chaga mushroom extract powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large soup pot, add onions, garlic, and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the turmeric, Chaga mushroom, coriander, salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 1 mixture it until fragrant.
- Pour in vegetable broth and lentils, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- While the soup is simmering, add 1/2 tsp of olive oil to a small pan over medium-high heat. Add kale pieces and cook until slightly charred. Set aside.
- Serve immediately and garnish with pepper and chard kale. Enjoy your delicious lemony lentil soup with charred kale and Chaga mushroom!