Pearl Infused Cherries on Almond-Ricotta Toast (Gluten Free, Paleo, Dairy Free)
- 1 lb cherries halved and pitted
- 1/2 tsp Pearl Powder Extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup basil thinly sliced
- 6-8 slices of your gluten-free favourite bread
- 2 tbsp crushed pistachios for topping
- 1/2 cup almond ricotta (we love Kite Hill ricotta alternative)
- Start by places your cherries in a medium bowl or jar. Pour the sugar over them and add half of the basil, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight allowing the sugar to help release the cherries juices
- The next day take your cherries out of the fridge and transfer to a small saucepan (disregarding the basil). Add the cherries, sauce, pearl powder, cinnamon, and reduce over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- Toast your bread and spread ricotta generously on top. I like to drizzle the cherry on top of my ricotta for some added sweetness. Scoop cherries on top of the ricotta and garnish with basil and chopped pistachios. Enjoy your delicious pearl infused cherry and basil almond ricotta toast!
- Tip: Save the remainder of the cherry syrup to mix into lemonade or drizzle on top of ice cream!