Strawberry Buckle Cake with Cordyceps Mushroom
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten-free 1 to 1 Baking Flour (which already has xantham gum in it) or any gluten-free flour
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Cordyceps mushroom extract powder
- 1 stick and 3 tbsp room temperature butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 Celsius. Use the butter or coconut oil cooking spray to grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer begin to blend until sugar has dissolved. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Continue mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the flour, Cordyceps, cardamom, cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
- Using a spatula transfer the batter to the cast iron skillet and spread it out evenly. Next, layer the cut strawberries on top and press them into the batter a bit then evenly sprinkle some brown sugar over the top of the cake.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you plan to serve at a later time be sure to remove the cake from cast iron or it will continue cooking.
- Enjoy your delicious Gluten-Free Buckle Cake with Cordyceps Mushroom!
You may also like these recipes:
← Older Post
Newer Post →