Chocolate Strawberry Donuts with Reishi Mushroom and Rose (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free)
If you love donuts then you’re going to love these Chocolate Strawberry Donuts with Reishi Mushroom and Rose! Easy to prepare and packed with all things good, and good for you. We love cooking with Reishi mushroom and hope you will too!
For the donuts:
- 1 medium or large banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 3 tbs peanut butter (almond butter also works)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Teelixir Mushroom Cacao Latte with Reishi and Rose
- 1 cup flour (All-purpose, oat, gluten free etc)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Reishi mushroom extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
For the Strawberry Glaze:
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1-2 tsp of your favourite plant-based milk
- 1-2 cup powdered sugar or alternative (depending on desired consistency)
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 177 C. Lightly spray the donut pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash up the banana until there are no lumps. Add the milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until combined.
- Using a sifter begin to add in the cinnamon, mushroom cacao latte, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix in until fully combined.
- Pipe or spoon in the mixture evenly into the donut pan one by one. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the donut and it pulls out clean. Let cool for a couple of minutes and remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to further cool.
- While the donuts are cooling, place the chopped strawberries and 1 tsp of milk into a blender and pulse until you’ve reached your desired consistency. Place 1 cup powdered sugar into a bowl and begin adding 2 tbsp of the strawberry puree from the blender. Lightly whisk and keep adding the strawberry puree until you reach your desired texture ( you can always add another tsp of milk if you feel like the mixture is too rich for you). I like mine very light so I start with a small amount of both sugar and puree. But you do you!
- Begin coating the donuts one by one into the bowl with the glaze by placing the donut right side up into the bowl. Place donut back onto the cooling rack and repeat until all 6 donuts are glazed.
- Next, sprinkle the desired amount of freeze-dried strawberries on top of each donut. Serve immediately.
- Enjoy your delicious Chocolate Strawberry Donuts with Reishi Mushroom and Rose