Mexican-Style Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup with Chaga Mushroom
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely chopped
- 1 carton chicken broth
- 1 tsp Chaga mushroom extract powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt (or greek yoghurt)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilli
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 3 c)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 2 cans cannellini beans (puréed)
- 1-2 tortillas thinly sliced into strips
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado and limes (optional)
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot add the chopped onion and spices, cook until translucent. Add jalapeño and garlic, sauté for 2 additional minutes.
- Pour cannellini beans into a blender with 1 cup of chicken broth and purée. Pour mixture into the pot along with, chicken broth, pinto beans, black beans, Chaga mushroom, coconut or Greek yoghurt, chicken, and tomatoes. Stir, and mix in well. Add salt and pepper to taste as well as more spices if desired. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a separate small pan add 1 tbsp of oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add your tortilla sliced and heat until crispy, turning over with tongs every few minutes to ensure strips don’t stick together. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate and gently blot off any excess oil.
- Serve and garnish cilantro, avocado, lime wedges, and tortilla strips. Enjoy your delicious creamy tortilla soup with Chaga mushroom!
You may also like these recipes:
← Older Post
Newer Post →