Italian Orzo Soup with Wild Turkey Tail Mushroom
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 4 cups spinach chopped
- 1 small white onion diced
- 4 garlic minced
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp Turkey Tail mushroom extract powder
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp rosemary dried
- 1 tsp thyme fresh or fried
- 6-8 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Add stock, tomatoes, turkey tail, rosemary, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper, and orzo pasta. Bring soup to a simmer making sure to stir every few minutes so the pasta does not stick at bottom of the pot. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes, making any adjustments to taste.
- Add in chopped spinach and cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and serve immediately.
- Enjoy your delicious Italian orzo soup with turkey tail mushroom!
You may also like these recipes:
← Older Post
Newer Post →